By Maddy Schick
DISCLAIMER: This is not a reason to wait till the last minute, this is just tips in case you found yourself in this situation.
- Don’t study in your room.
- Your home can be distracting, try an office or the library for a quieter environment.
- Although not good for you, if you’re stuck cramming it should help you stay awake enough to get everything done
- 50-10 Rule
- Study/Work hard for 50 minutes, then take a 10 minute break. This will help keep you focused and in working mode.
- Take a friend with you.
- Preferably from the same class, they’ll be able to help answer questions and get more covered in a shorter time.
- Study out of order.
- Don’t go in order of unit, your brain will remember more if you study different things in different orders
Cram studying isn’t a safe way to prepare for finals, but the tips above should help you with getting everything covered and in a good time. Next time, start studying a week before the test day for best results.